1) making sure that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) issues are always on the agenda of the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS);
2) proving transparency of the police service by advisors having access to most areas of the MPS;
3) providing advice on LGBT-related issues to the MPS 'on demand';
4) formulating our own agenda of issues on which to advise the MPS;
5) assisting with critical incidents;
6) keeping the LGBT community in London informed of police initiatives;
7) providing a channel for complaints about poor policing;
8) encouraging the community to report homophobic and transphobic incidents to the police or through third parties;
9) supporting, informing and facilitating liaison between local LGBT forums;
10) creating and sustaining a network of LGBT Liaison Officers throughout the MPS.
We are making a real difference to policing in London but there is still much more work to be done.